WeBC - Session 3: Uncover Unconscious Bias to Become an Inclusive Leader
Date and Time
Thursday Jun 15, 2023
11:00 AM - 1:00 PM MDT
11am - 1pm
Session 3 | Uncover Unconscious Bias to Become an Inclusive Leader
“Human potential is unleashed when we feel like we belong.”
– Jennifer Brown, How to Be an Inclusive Leader
Creating a business culture where everyone feels they belong is a process. Whether you have a team or run the business solo, you have the power to create a business climate where everyone is encouraged and expected to be exactly who they are—from your team to your clients and the community you serve.
Unconscious bias is a result of shortcuts your brain makes, so if you have a brain, you have bias. But you can interrupt your own bias so you can avoid subtle acts of exclusion, and this session will teach you some strategies to do just that.
In this session, Sharon Marshall will lead the group through interactive exercises so you can:
- Understand the benefits of creating an inclusive business culture
- Identify examples of unconscious bias in your own life
- Champion the behaviour of inclusive leaders
- Implement inclusive leadership strategies in your business
Join us to connect with other inspiring women and learn strategies to be an impactful leader in your life and business!